Two weekends ago Christian redeemed his favorite Christmas gift from me - a hang gliding flight! Finally timing and weather were right on so we drove over an hour to Maricopa, AZ and Christian took flight (with an instructor of course). He thinks it would be even more fun to fly jumping off a cliff or ridge and somewhere with prettier scenery, but his 2,000 ft. altitude flight fulfilled his curiosity (I think..). The instructor even threw in some drops and spins but couldn't scare Christian. I'm the worrier and so honestly I'd be happy if he doesn't make this a hobby, but he doesn't think he will - he was just happy to have the experience. Actually being there and seeing the professional experience of the instructor it made me less worried and made it look pretty fun! Glad he could enjoy it and glad he made it down safely.
The ultra light tow plane pulled them up and then released at 2,000 ft. They glided back down. The total flight was about 10-15 minutes.
Tiny dots up in the air
Back down on the ground.
Success!
No comments:
Post a Comment