Saturday, April 28, 2012

Family In the Valley

Christian and I were recently reflecting how lucky we are to be going to school in AZ. We got in some other places (Chicago, Philadelphia) which would have been cool cultural experiences but we are SO happy to be in Arizona. Only a day's drive to Utah and half that amount to go to Southern CA where next year it looks like we'll have both my twin uncles and their families living as well as Christian's sister Sarah and her husband Christian! And right here in the valley is my uncle Brian and his wife Stephanie and their four adorable kids. We're blessed with their hospitality and chances to share dinners and birthday parties with them. I feel so at home eating and playing games at their house and Claire has a blast playing with the kids. Last weekend we went to share my cousin Audrey's baptism with her. It was a very sweet experience, where I felt the spirit witness to me the special significance of baptism. My grandparents were also in town which was fun.


  
The birthday girl with her family after the baptism



 The Gilbert Temple is looking beautiful! I can't wait to experience the finished interior hopefully within a year's time. This temple is about an hour away but the Phoenix Temple which is also in progress will be less than ten minutes away from us!


We're lovin the Valley of the Sun (well at least until we start melting mid-summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment