Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Kick-Off


We're only six hours away from Southern California! How cool is that? To start off our long summer vacation (the longest of Christian's four years in dental school) we went to San Diego to cash in some free tickets to Sea World (a perk of the military) and Marriott Reward points for hotel stays. We also used these ideas to guide our trip.

San Diego was SO much fun! It was our first trip as parents with a child old enough to enjoy the activities and to see the joy on her face as she ran around the beach or squealed in delight at animals was priceless. This trip made me so glad for this little family of ours and it really sunk in how fun it is to be a parent!





Furiously signing "eat" or "food". She was hu-ngry

With a giant pre-historic ape at the Museum of Man at Balboa Park. So many cool museums there. I want to go back

What a google maps car looks like!


Excited but nervous. She bolted straight through the line to see Elmo and cried when we made her wait. When our turn finally came she reached out to pet his fur but then turned away and cried and then repeated the process a couple times. I guess he's a little scarier in person :)

Probably the best part of her day was running around a tot-friendly bouncy pad in Sesame Street land


We were especially excited to take her to the arctic area because one of her favorite books right now is "Baby Beluga"


















3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a good time. I love San Diego. We were just in Tahoe cashing in some free Marriott nights too! So fun! Claire is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world just happened? Claire is a little girl! She is doing kid stuff, not just baby stuff! I can't stop exclaiming!! Looks like such a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stephanie it's Alissa Lines Richardson! Hey I saw your blog on Kylee's and came to check it out! Hey are you guys in the A.T. Still Dental program? My husband and I live down by the Mesa Temple. Anyway, I would love to talk to you more. My e-mail is richardson_family@hotmail.com
    Sorry this is such an unconventional way of contacting you!
    I hope to hear from you!
    Allie

    ReplyDelete