Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Romney Rally

So, since the latest presidential debate was only an hour away from us a month or so ago, we decided to take the opportunity and go to the Romney rally which was earlier that day. It was fun to go and see Mitt in person - so close! If we were more aggressive we could have squeezed through a bunch of senior citizens to the front of the crowd and shake his hand. Afterwards I noticed one elderly gentleman holding his hand out to his admiring friends, "He shook my hand!" The atmosphere was exciting with music blaring and a bunch of press, bloggers, politicos, and young energetic campaign people on the sidelines. I was even approached by an unusually inquisitive man near the end asking about why I came, who I was voting for, who my family was voting for, why I was voting for him, etc. For subtle reasons the guy didn't seem like a natural Romney supporter so I wouldn't be surprised if he was researching from the opposing side.

All in all, I think it will be beneficial for us to tell Claire that we took her to a political rally like this someday. Hopefully she will identify and value her parents as being politically active and involved in our country and that will translate to her own life and decisions.



No comments:

Post a Comment