Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Last room...for now

So the major decorating is settling down now. Our room is finished and it feels nice. In the last few years I haven't put much effort into making our room feel complete and coordinated but it really does make a difference! It feels good just to hang out there. Also, it gets really nice natural light during the day (although the lighting isn't too great in these pics) and there's space for the keyboard that was donated to me, so I spend more time in my room than I have in a while.

Although it's far from ideal (the paint color isn't our favorite but was freshly done before we moved in and would be a significant project so we're working with it for now) I think it's good to jump in and try developing new skills - like decorating. It can only get better from here.

I made the sign above the bed (here's the inspiration) and the headboard (used this and this for the how-to) and pillows (tutorials here and here). The bedside trinkets and tables are Goodwill/Savers finds.



No-sew curtains! I know I can't get away with no-sew stuff forever. I need to work those skills


Made the silhouettes using this technique and the star using this.



We have a toddler now!!! Crazy.

Showing off her newly developed praying skills - folding her arms at any mention of "pray" "fold arms" or "Heavenly Father"

3 comments:

  1. You made all the pillow and headboard? Wow! I love the colors - I'm all about blue right now. Super cute, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chels! Yeah, I did all three pillows in the front. I'll post the links where I got inspiration for the pillows and headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the headboard. Can you please do one for me? It looks so good. I'm very impressed! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete