So Flagstaff in a second. First off, here's Claire in her first swimming lessons - and if you look at her face you can tell how she felt about it:
She learned lots but did it all while crying. Still getting used to going underwater.
She also has enjoyed taking pictures with my camera...
... and going on outings like our weekly trips to the library, meeting up with friends, and with mom and dad to Chick-fil-A for their "dress up like a cow get free meals" day!
Clark on the other hand is enjoying the summer too (besides getting itchy heat rash from a hot car seat :( and he is getting SO darn cute! I love six months - so many new skills and pure rolly-polly baby-ness. Clark is a strong little six month-old - scooting, and trying to push himself into a sitting position. He's getting in some real hair, is starting to teethe and eat rice cereal. He has a piercing happy/tired shriek and is still all big smiles. We LOVE our boy.
Freedom from the stifling heat is found two hours north in Flagstaff. This city has offered us a reprieve from the sun-baked valley and we have decided we love it. In June my dad had a chance to teach some classes at EFY at Northern Arizona Univ., so him and my mom flew into Phoenix and we drove up there together for a couple day stay. It was so fun to spend that time with them. Such a fun week.
Poor Christian had to stay at home to work on people's teeth during that trip so we decided to go again, this time as a complete family for the Fourth of July weekend.
My favorite thing we did: Walnut Canyon. Here you can hike through the canyon which filled with cliff dwellings from Native Americans. You can actually walk through a lot of their old dwellings and then look across the canyon to see rows and rows of more homes - they're like little apartments. Their people thrived there during the 1100s AD.
This is our first full summer in AZ but we're surviving and having fun during dad's long days at the clinic. He worked on my teeth for the first time last week and he's quite professional, if I do say so myself. I love getting a glimpse into his future career and see him looking and acting like the real thing!






Love these pictures! Thanks for sharing ;) your babies are beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun summer you are having so far! Clark is getting SO big and such a cutie! I love Claire's face at swim lessons. I can't imagine how how it is down there. We are dying here at 101 some days. Thanks for sharing! Can you get onto my blog?
ReplyDeleteJulie
Thanks! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer too! Yes, I'm able to get on, but my blog feed hasn't shown yours as updated since Christmas, but I got on today just fine. Hope you guys are doing good - you look great!
DeleteClark is 6 months old already?! Holy cow time went by fast (for me anyway)! I keep thinking he is still only like 2-3 months. I feel for you guys having to live in that heat! I bet its miserable!
ReplyDeleteCutest family ever. Proud Grandpa Raleigh is totally unbiased.
ReplyDelete