Friday, November 9, 2012

Fall 2012

So I've been horrible at writing here lately, but our fall has been nice and now that November is here, it's finally cooling down! Gorgeous weather and Christian finishing finals coincided perfectly leaving us with a two and a half week break starting last Wednesday. Dental school so far has been awesome and we love our life in Arizona. Some highlights since the summer:


  • Both sets of grandparents plus Samuel and Porter made visits to Arizona in October.
  • Claire is now talking all the time although we only understand a small portion of it. Her sentences go something like, "Mommy (mumble mumble) Da-tee (mumble) siiide" [meaning outside]. Or asking every ten minutes "Wha puppy?" (Where's puppy) "memo" (Elmo) or pointing to the TV and saying "show". Those are some of her favorite topics but her vocab is ever-expanding.
  • Claire still has some favorite signs (real or made-up) she prefers instead of enunciating certain words including: fishie, all-done, I want to color a picture, more, and milk.
  • She has recently started stringing more words together including sentences like "Thank you mommy" and "buh-bye guck" (duck)
  • Baby Clark (about 99% sure that will be his name) is growing, healthy, and very active. I watch my belly morph with his crazy movements daily.
  • I have felt wonderful and have stayed more active than I did with Claire (because I have more time, motivation, and nicer morning fall temps than in Utah.) I've stayed leader of my ward running group with a couple short/easy runs a week and walking one or two days beyond that.
  • 29 weeks with two and a half months to go!!

27 weeks, 5 days. I'm biased but I think he is so cute!!!!







                     Above: furrowing his brow. I forget they make those little newborn faces right now!







                                                           A ladybug, butterfly, and butterfly catcher

No comments:

Post a Comment