ARIZONA!

Christian was accepted to his top pick - Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ. We are SO excited. It's is unbelievable to count the many blessings we've received this past year. From zero acceptances our first year of applying to four interviews and four acceptances this year - crazy. We'll be moving the end of July or first part of August. We're very ready and excited for an adventure on our own outside of Utah, but it will be difficult to leave family behind, especially with a little one under a year. I've been spoiled to live close to my family my whole first 24 years of life, but I know this will be a wonderful, growing experience for our little Bennion clan. The good news is that we have friends and family in the Glendale area too!
Like I've said, changes come in waves, and this year is one big wave. I'm due in 7 days. I'm mentally preparing for her to be past her due date but definitely won't complain if she makes her debut early (I just better wrap up some important things at work..time is ticking - yikes!) A busy week at work has definitely been nice to make time pass faster. It's hard to comprehend what it will all be like. I just know I'm probably going to cry when I finally hear and see her. Any time I see a video of a baby being born, I cry. When I listen to the Saturday's Warrior song, I break down. It's overwhelmingly wonderful. So, stay tuned...we'll post pics on here hopefully not too long after the birth.
As for Christmas, it was great. Since I found out I was pregnant I looked to Christmas as a landmark in time. When Christmas was here, the baby would be not far behind. Now that Christmas feels long gone, the long-awaited date is staring us in the face.
Check out some of our limited Christmas pics:
We celebrated Christmas together on Christmas Eve morning
Christmas Eve we went to Temple Square.
And Christmas morning was spent with the Raleigh fam. Christian surprised me with a video camera! I had spent December transferring Raleigh family videos to DVD as a gift for my parents and had commented on how we needed to capture Claire's early moments for posterity's sake. Well, now we can!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too and I look forward to sharing the next couple exciting months with you!
Wow! Congrats! We went through something similar (college-wise) last year. Arizona was a choice for us too, but we ended up here in Colorado, which is very nice too. I can't believe you're almost due! You don't even look that big in your pictures. Best of luck!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for Arizona -Congratulations!!! And not so far away!!! Maybe we'll do some dinner groups at the half way mark!;) I can't believe how close you are, and can't wait for you to send us the good news text about the sweet little girl on the way. GOOD LUCK! We'll be thinking about you! (and hopefully we'll see you sunday!)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous picture of Arizona! That is amazing & such a wonderful blessing that Christian was able to get his top choice. It will be a nice couple of years, good weather year round to play with Claire while he's busy at school.
ReplyDeleteWe are really excited & happy for you both, for all three of you...soon!!!
Congrats on Arizona!!! You have glasses Christian? How are people going to tell you and John apart now? Good luck with the labor Stephanie! You can do it. You're such a strong, determined girl, and soon enough you'll get to hold your sweet little Claire. I can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDeleteSteph! It sure sounds like you are doing great. Gosh it has been so long but I sure enjoy reading your blog. I'm so excited for you! Arizona is a beautiful place. We go there at least once a year (more this coming year), so it would be fun to catch up sometime. Congrats to you and Christian! You will do wonderful with the delivery of little Claire. What a beautiful name by the way!!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes! Love, Melissa
ReplyDelete