Sunday, December 5, 2010

Waves of Change

So it seems that changes come all at once. We're five and a half weeks away from holding our sweet Claire (which will change our lives forever) and on top of that, we just found out that Christian's been accepted to dental school!!!! He was accepted to Temple University in Philadelphia and Midwestern which is in a suburb of Chicago - Downer's Grove. We are so blessed, I can't even describe how joyful and excited I feel about our future. There are lots of blessings we've seen from our extra year in Provo, and I know Heavenly Father always knows what will be best for us.

So, we need to make our decision by the first week in January! Pressure! They require a $1,000 deposit so changing our minds later would cost us big time. His first choice is Midwestern in Arizona, but we haven't heard from them since his interview, although he felt it went well. Univ. of Southern Nevada's new South Jordan, Utah campus may interview him as well this month - they're way behind the rest of the schools. If we were to hear from any of them before our deadline, options may change. In the meantime we'll have to seriously pray and weigh the pros and cons of Temple and Chicago. For any of you who've had to choose between job offers or graduate school options in different parts of the country, what helped you make your decision?

On to other news, we got back last week from our trip to California for Thanksgiving. It was so fun as always to spend time with the Bennions - and nice we could squeeze in one last trip before my pregnancy winds to a close.

Christmas tree at Pier 39 in San Francisco


Christian and his mom :)


34 weeks.

Now on to Christmas! We've got the house decorated (and bought our first big Christmas tree) and are ready for this beautiful, special time of the year.

3 comments:

  1. congrats!! (on everything!) you look fantastic by the way! As far as choosing a dental school. I know for me it was just really important to go to a place where there was a good group of other young couples who lived close so that we could have friends and I could have mommies to hang out with during the day. That was one of the main reasons we choose VCU and it has certainty paid off big time. We love it. You will do great wherever you go though I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! What a fun time in your life!

    We had to choose between University of Chicago, Penn, Columbia and Duke for Jason's law school. We ultimately chose Chicago and LOVED it. I agree that having friends in a similar situation is huge. I would email the bishops in each ward and see what the dynamic is like. I did when we were choosing a neighborhood here in DC and it helped.

    Downers Grove is nice and Chicago is fantastic, so that would be good. It does get bitterly cold but that livable. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever decision you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie--we are so incredibly excited for you guys. You have been living right apparently! We are going to miss you guys so much when you leave. Wow, a baby and graduate school...so many fun things to look forward to. I can't wait to meet little Claire!!! See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete