Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back from Paradise

We're back! Now I understand why people who have lived in Hawaii love it so much. We stayed in Laie on the north shore, right by BYU-Hawaii and the Polynesian Cultural Center. We stayed for seven days and enjoyed sun (I did not get sunburned - quite a feat for skin like mine), the waves, the sand, the cool breeze, snorkeling, shave ice, and Polynesian culture at the PCC.Awesome experience (except for the red eye flight on the way home. I don't do well with little sleep).

To get a better idea of the beautifulness we experienced, check out the pics below!

The perfectness of Waimea Bay. Christian and I snorkeled there and saw a sea turtle! The snorkeling at Shark's Cove was our favorite though.

Pearl Harbor

Beautiful mother Bennion doin' the hula


Luau at the PCC


Waimea Bay

Hawaii Temple

With my friend Kylee. We met up at the Dole Plantation. It was so good to see her!!

Pedicure with the girls




Headin' to our backyard beach


Our beach house
Sarah and I strikin' a pose on our way up Diamond Head

Honolulu seen from Diamond Head


Now back to the daily grind, but it's good to be back. A fun summer in Utah awaits...

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie! It looks like you guys had a great time! I meant to comment before you left to tell you what we did while we were there but it looks like you did most the same stuff we do! Sharks cove was our favorite place to snorkel too! Im so jelous! I miss Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I'm jealous!

    Kylee looks great, I bet it was good to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! I'm so glad you got to go to Hawaii!!!! It is a wonderful place :) I miss it too. Looks/sounds like you had a great time. Glad you made it back safely even if you didn't get much sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Looks like you had a super time. I think the shaved ice would have been my favorite.
    That's pretty impressive not getting sunburned at all.

    ReplyDelete