Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oahu, two days to go


So, two days down until we're literally standing in the place above! We're so excited. Christian's been to Hawaii before but not to Oahu. It's my first time. We'll be hangin' out with some of the Bennion clan and here are some places we'd like to see:

A list of beaches (Sunset, Lanikai, Waimea Bay, etc)
Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay or Shark's Cove
Matsumoto's Shave Ice
Dole Plantation (especially for the pineapple ice cream!)
PCC
Pearl Harbor
Chinatown
Diamond Head
Eating at places like Irifune (Japanese food)
Duke's and ordering Hula Pie
Swap Meet at Honolulu Stadium
etc.

Thanks to my good friend Kylee and my travel-fanatic boss Eric for the suggestions!

Have you been to Oahu? Any tips for us newbies??


4 comments:

  1. I am seriously do excited I can hardly stand it! It will be my first time also! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. l.u.c.k.y.
    I'm so jealous and sooo wish WE were hopping on a plane to oahu too!
    Pearl Harbor - amazing!!! (they sell out by 10am though... we got there at 8am and were lucky to get tickets.)
    diamond head - fun, beautiful.
    PCC - don't miss that for anything!
    if, by chance, you thought of picking up toffee/milk chocolate macademias, I wouldn't be opposed to buying them off of you and tipping you for your troubles. think about it.
    and have SOOO much fun! And, take a million pictures so we can see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys have a blast. Eat a ton of fresh pineapple for me! John and I will be there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Have a wonderful time. Hawaii is one of my FAVORITE places in the world :)

    The places you have listed are all really fun. I saw sea turtles at Shark's Cove & it is also really cool snorkeling there at night, a whole different experience with really cool stuff that isn't out during the day.

    The only thing I'd add to your list, if you can catch a hop over there, is to hike the Napali Coast on Kauai. It is so fun and one of the most beautiful hikes you'll ever find...breathtaking.

    Aloha!!!

    ReplyDelete