Monday, March 8, 2010

My sister, the princess

Sam did awesome at the Miss Spanish Fork pageant on Saturday night! I wanted to take pictures during her performances, but of course my camera had no battery in it. She rocked her piano piece and was very poised during everything else she did on stage - plus, she looked stunning in each of her four outfits and hair-do's! She finished as a runner-up which means she gets to do the floats this summer, gets a crown, scholarship, etc., but she doesn't have to come all the way back to Spanish Fork next year from Southern Utah University for ribbon-cutting ceremonies, meetings, small-town festivals etc. that the winner has to do. She's an awesome girl and a wonderful example to me of friendship, love, faith, living life with happiness and energy and of pure joy. She's a ray of sunshine in our family. I love you Sam!

Sam's platform was understanding people with disabilities. Her Little Miss that got to walk with her on stage was this cute girl.

L to R: Kip (aka: Kathryn), Sammie, Miss Utah 2009, and Sam's best friend Aubray

With last year's winner and the other finalists

The fam :)

3 comments:

  1. Your sister is soooo cute! I bet she had so much fun, and I love that she chose to talk about children with disabilities. Cute family picture too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man..all your siblings are soo grown up Steph! YAY for beautiful Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! I got runner up too, and it's WAAAAYYY better than being Queen! teehee!

    ReplyDelete