Monday, March 22, 2010

24 hours in California

This last weekend was a crazy one. Memorable, but crazy! We flew out of Utah Saturday morning to be with Christian's youngest brother Porter for his baptism. He called Christian and asked him to speak and Mother Bennion was able to use her flight benefits to get us down there. We spent the afternoon enjoying the beautiful weather, green rolling hills, flowers, and fragrant clean air (very different from Provo right now).

That night was the baptism. Christian and Richard's talks were awesome and the meeting was simple and sweet. There was a wonderful spirit there and we could tell Porter was very excited and happy in his own quiet way :) It also worked out for their grandma, aunt, and some cousins to be there as well. They even wrapped the meeting up after the closing prayer with the family singing Love Makes the World Go Round, a Marilyn (Grandy) and Harden Bennion family tradition (Christian's grandparents). I kept thinking, what a great family - and I made sure I told Grandy that by the end of the night. She and her late husband have left a great Bennion legacy and I'm so lucky to now be a part of it!

Sunday morning we left the house at 3:30 AM to be dropped off two hours away at the San Fran airport and arrived in Provo at 9 AM.

I love the Bennions so much and I'm so happy we were able to be a part a special family event. We love you Porter!!



Oops, sorry about your head Christian. Samuel's still refining his photography skills

Blooming trees and flowers!! I can't wait for Spring to hit Provo
The green rolling hills of the Monterey/Salinas area. This is literally in the Bennion's neighborhood.
Hittin' up the scooters.



The exciting traveling's not over.....April 10-13 Philadelphia for the national Lifesavers Conference (work trip) Also June 4-11 Laie, Hawaii. North shore baby!!! We are very excited :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun trip to see your family! Baptisms are the best. We just went to one this past week too, but not in CA...that would have been double awesome!
    Is Hawaii a work trip too? Either way it will be GREAT! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I saw you on Sunday and you didn't mention that you had had a whirlwind trip California! Those trips are always too short, but so much fun! We have one coming up in a few weeks and we are sooo excited. Getting out of Provo is always a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Steph! As excited as I am about your trip to Philly...I would say I am most looking forward to your trip to the 808 state. YAAAY! It has been sooo long! :)

    ReplyDelete