Last weekend was my first half marathon outside of Utah! The Desert Classic Half was last weekend in Surprise, about 30 min. west of where I live. It was a good deal price-wise and my running partner Lexi convinced me to sign up with her. I'm glad I did - it was a good motivation to push hard (although I'm teetering on the edge of injury in my knee and foot...yikes) and prepare for Ragnar which is coming up in a month. I'm glad I could run a race in non-pregnant form (compared to the last race where I was a a couple weeks pregnant - that wiped me out) and I loved the feeling of passing so many people the last half. Since high school I've known my best strategy is to start smart and finish with heart and so I ran relatively negative splits to finish 27th of 128 women and third in my age division! Who hoo!
More pics: http://www.zazoosh.com/members/viewGallery/6821
Oh and of course here's pokey ponytail girl


Nice Job Steph Whoot Whoot!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Steph!!
ReplyDeleteI miss how it feels to be in shape! You did a great job on your race! Good luck on Ragnar!
ReplyDelete