Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A dress to be blessed in

Look at that angel! Oh I love her so much. Claire was blessed on Sunday February 27, 2011. A special day. And to make it even more special, she wore the same dress that I was blessed in.

December 7, 1986


On that day in 1986 two young parents blessed their oldest child:


And 24 years later two more young parents blessed their oldest daughter:


Everyone except Claire's uncle David who is preachin' the word in Chihuahua

A power is passed down through the generations. Especially when successive generations are righteous and keep their covenants, a powerful love and bond is present which ties us together.

Four generations of oldest children in their families: Grandma Maurine Johnson, Pam, Stephanie, and Claire


I am brought to tears when I look into Claire's radiant eyes during her calm happy moments and she smiles right at me. A wise soul is gazing back. I'm in awe. I feel taken aback that I get to raise this intelligent daughter of God. She has so much to teach me.


And now for some more fun pictures. We can't get enough of this cutie:

This pic is entitled, "Having Fun with Daddy at 3:00 in the morning"

This pic is entitled, "I just threw up all over dad and I think I'm pretty awesome"


We're trying to get her to play with us even though she doesn't really have fun yet.

First time tryin' out the Bumbo

And these were taken a couple weeks ago, but here is Claire's betrothed: Andrew Jed Sybrowsky. Future prom date, boyfriend and possibly Future Eternal Companion (F.E.C.) :

Their first date. It doesn't look like it's going very well


And here are the parents that are gonna make it happen:


3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Stephanie! She is beautiful and sure looks a LOT like you. I love that she was blessed in your dress. Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love matching up babies with their future PEC's! What a cute bird background on your blog! Wish we could have made it to the blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Steph!!! Clarie is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so happy for you guys. and what a beautiful blessing dress. I have totally been out of the blogging world lately, but i loved reading about her birth. You look fantastic too! Isnt motherhood the greatest!?

    ReplyDelete