Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Spooky Birthday

On Halloween Eve 1986, Stephanie Raleigh entered the world. Twenty-four years later here I am - now Stephanie Bennion and pregnant with my own little goblin. Well, she'll be more of a snowman since she's due in January. So Saturday was my birthday but the combined Halloween/birthday celebrations began on Friday with work. Since the summer we've been talking about how fun it would be to decorate our office 80's Prom-style for Halloween. It actually happened and with the theme "Almost Paradise" (the Footloose love song for you youngsters) we won third place in the office decorating contest!

I decided to be a pregnant cheerleader. Standing in the picture area at our office-turned high school prom.

Me, 80's yearbook-ified. Do it yourself at: http://www.yearbookyourself.com/

Our PIO (aka media guy) as the school bully giving nerd-boss Eric a noogie

The awkward refreshment table. No one asked us to dance.

The whole crew.

My cubicle decorated for my b-day

Each cubicle/office got designated as a classroom at "Health Promotion High School"

At our friend's Halloween party. Back row L to R: The old couple, Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife, Mr. Pirate, and couple from the 1960s


Trevor and Katelyn made me a birthday cake!! Way too nice of them.

One of my favorite (if not favoritest) costume of the night - Christian's sis Sarah and bf Christian as the most authentic old couple I've ever seen (they stayed in character almost the whole night - no joke).

The brother-sister rivalry went to the very end in the finals where they competed for donut-eating champion

And just for good measure, check out Christian yearbook-ified below:


Festivities continued on Saturday - my birthday! Christian surprised me by taking me out to breakfast and then to pick out some maternity shirts. We later met up with my fam at the Trafalga's in Lehi for some mini-golf/laser-tag fun:



And one of my favorite presents: a bee costume for Claire!!! (oh by the way, that will most likely be her name) I can't wait for next Halloween. I've been drooling over all the cute baby costumes this year. She will be beyond bee-autiful :)


4 comments:

  1. SOOOOO cute!!!! I am actually in the middle of planning Jason's surprise b-day party which is an 80's prom theme tooo!!!! Thanks for the yearbookified idea. Love that! I'll have to think about how I can incorporate that into my date. lol!
    your the cutest little pregnant gal ever! I hope your are enjoying it. Are you feeling her move yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so awesome as a pregnant cheerleader! And Christian, you look quite terrifying and realistic. Sarah unfortunately looks pretty realistic too :) Really good costumes! I'm so proud of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen- What a cool coincidence!! Hopefully I get to see pics on your blog or the Divas blog! The yearbook website is awesome. You got to try it out. And yes, I feel her kick me in the ribs and bladder now. Not as comfortable as it used to be, but only a little over two months left!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! The pregnant cheerleader is just TOO funny! And I can't wait to see little Claire in her bee costume next year! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete