Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes....

You guessed it! A baby in a baby carriage. We are pregnant!!! Here's the stats:

How far along I am right now: 14 weeks
Due date: January 13th (wouldn't it be cool if the baby was born two days early on 1/11/11?)
When we'll find out if it's a boy or girl: last week of August.
Where I want to have the baby: Orem Community Hospital
What we're guessing the gender is: I'm leaning towards a girl, Christian a boy. Who knows!

Oh wow, I don't know where to begin. We are so happy. It's such an exciting time filled with joy, uncertainty, a little bit of anxiety, dreaming, excitement, and trying to believe it's real! So, to back up, while it was still too early to take a pregnancy test, we suspected that we could be pregnant. Christian was more certain than I however. I didn't want to get my hopes up. I even ran that half marathon a couple weeks into the pregnancy (I wonder if I can blame my slow time on it....) Well two days after a missed period we took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. One test was all I needed. I believed it. I told Christian right away and the emotion hit us. Wow, it still does (combined with the hormones, I'm getting teary quite often...).

I won't bother putting up belly shots since anyone besides myself would not think I look pregnant at all. The midwife I'm seeing says I won't look pregnant for awhile. Great. But I sure feel pregnant. I never threw up during my 6 week-14 week morning sickness period, but I felt like it almost all the time. It's been a long time since I've been hungry - I just get sick when it's time for my body to eat. When I would get discouraged or frustrated for my lack of appetite I'd remember that this is nothing to be frustrated about. This is an enormous blessing and I'm just so glad things have been going smoothly so far.

After two months of being grossed out by most foods, I think I'm swinging back towards a hearty appetite. I'm not as sick feeling when I wake up, I can go longer periods after eating before feeling sick again, and I can eat more at each sitting. Yes! Here comes a joyous second trimester.

So, here we are, ready for the crazy ride of pregnancy. Isn't it amazing how quickly life can change? It was just yesterday I was fantasizing about my FEC (Future Eternal Companion for those of you who don't know) and bam - I'm married and pregnant! It's crazy how quickly life sneaks up on you.


Us right after we found out.


What our baby could look like at 14 weeks. It's about the length of a peach right now.

What do you think our baby will look like? Here's baby pics of Christian and me:



10 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you guys! Mabel thinks it is super groovy to get to be close-ish in age to your kid!
    Love you guys! Hope you can feel fabulous pronto! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, of course your baby will look beautiful!! It is wonderful that you are doing well & I'm glad you haven't been too terribly sick! I always envy those women who escape the constant puking (although feeling like it is horrible too). That is a good way to look at it, count your blessings. You are right, a baby is a great blessing!!!
    Congratulations to both of you & to your little peach!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're sooo excited for you guys! January isn't too far away, and I'm sure you'll get there before you even know it! We'll be home in about a month and we'll have to have a D-Club reunion and congratulate you in person. What an exciting time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS! SO glad to hear it. You'll make the best mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so excited for you guys!!! I hope it's a boy so he can be best buddies with Jonah. I'm so glad you're finally feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought i heard you were pregnant! Thats awesome! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know how i missed this!!! CONGRATS!!! I am soo happy for you guys. You will love being a mommy, it really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are SO EXCITED for you guys! Congratulations. :) You will be a wonderful momma. If he or she is born January 10th he or she will share a birthday with Rachel! January was a great time to have a baby for me...it's cold during the time you feel the hottest. Haha...this August baby of mine is driving me nuts with the heat. :) Anyways, we're excited to get updates! Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete