The trip was beautiful!! Blossoming trees, warm weather - couldn't be better. And what got me to Philly you ask? An awesome trip for work. I attended the Lifesavers Conference which focused on national highway safety priorities - very informative and got lots of good information, but you'll notice most of my pictures are from the beauty of the city and its history.















Enjoy the pictures below!
THE Independence Hall. George Washington sat in that chair in the middle. That very chair.
Outside of Independence Hall
City Hall with William Penn on top. My hotel room at the Marriott Downtown looked out to City Hall.
Masonic Temple
Philadelphia Hospital - oldest hospital in the U.S. and SO gorgeous. I was there all by myself and it was peaceful, walled off from the rest of the city. One of my favorite places I found as I explored the city by myself.
The pork sandwich from DiNic's at Reading (pronounced Redding) Terminal Market. This indoor market is one of the most famous places to eat in the city. The sandwich has a favorite local topping: spinach and broccoli. I had to try it and it was delish. DiNic's and Bassetts Ice Cream (which I also tried) have been featured on the some of Christian and my favorite shows on the Travel Channel.
The giant poster I created and presented at the conference
China Town
Watchin' the crepe-makers make my Nutella/banana/strawberry crepe at Reading. Heavenly.
The inside of the market.
Philly is a lovely city. Glad you had a good time. What an impressive looking presentation you made!
ReplyDeleteI got to go there my last P-day in the mission, as it is an historic city & just across the river from our mission. We actually got to go on a tour of the Masonic temple & saw all the stuff you have in your photos, so that was fun to read/see.
Also, it was nice to see you the other night :)
Wow Stephanie, this looks like a great trip for you. With how hard you work at your job Christian can just be a stay at home dad hehe. I'm proud of you and I'm glad you had so much fun!
ReplyDelete