Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day...

...it's the day we are insanely busy!

Here is Christian and my itinerary from Saturday:
  1. 9 AM - 12 PM Last session of my RAD class for women (Rape Aggression Defense)...sounded corny but I definitely don't regret it - especially since I'm working on a rape prevention program at work that will focus on the college community. All you gotta know is that you better not mess with me now.
  2. The red guy is wearing the actual suit our instructor wore on the last day when we got to beat him up. Add those crazy transformer-man pads to the fact that he's at least 6'3'', very large, and says scary things to you as he's grabbing you and throwing you to the floor. Intimidating? Yes. Did I get away? Yes.

  3. 12:45 - 1:25; Ran. It's so nice to run in the daylight! The rest of the week I choose 6 am cold darkness :(
  4. 2-4:30; Play at BYU, Tartuffe. A quirky, modernized French comedy from the 1600s. We got free tickets from Christian's sister Sarah and we couldn't refuse. I love BYU performances.
  5. 5-6; Temple. A beautiful blessing in our lives

  6. 7:00; BYU vs. Utah basketball game!! We got free tickets on Friday afternoon from my awesome intern Lindsee. It was SO loud and SO fun.
  7. After the game: Magleby's for free cake.
  8. 10:00 pm THE END. We were exhausted
...Last but not least...exciting announcement!!
My dad was called as Stake President in a brand new stake: The Spanish Fork River Stake!! We are so happy and excited for him. He is a good good man and although it's gonna be a lot of work to organize this new stake, the Lord will bless him and he has some awesome counselors - men I look up to even though I haven't known them very long or well. He'll also be there as they build a new stake center and new temple in Payson. Exciting stuff.


4 comments:

  1. Stephanie you run at 6am? you are crazy girl! I started running again yesterday and it feels so good! sounds like you've had some fun times with RAD WOMEN. I am still enjoying teaching the RAD kids classes and the curriculum is so important! See you in two weeks at d-club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard the news about your Dad...CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie! 3 things:
    1. We sat behind you church today and I thought your hair looked really cute.
    2. I found your blog through Katie and Doug Clark's blog. Also, very cute.
    3. I took RAD too! A few years ago - so empowering! And the transformer men? We had 6 of them in our class that we had to take on all by ourselves. YES, very intimidating, but also very empowering when you kick their tushes. And not cute.

    That's all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cami! Thanks for those nice comments. That's awesome that you're a RAD Woman too! And what a crazy connection - Katie and Doug are such good people

    ReplyDelete