Wednesday, December 2, 2009

T is for...

...Tarpy's, treasured memories, totally amazing weather, toasting marshmallows on the beach, and of course, Thanksgiving!!

SO, first up - we forgot our camera and thus, no pictures of our wonderful week vacation in CA. Hopefully words will be enough description. Here are some of our highlights:

  • The night before we left we got to see sis-in-law Laura and her beautiful family and we stayed overnight at my Grandma Furse's house in Salt Lake.
  • Saturday morning on the 21st we flew into San Fran and drove with Mother Bennion south to Salinas/Monterey CA.
  • The memories: Looking at Christian's box of old baby clothes, soccer uniforms, school work, prom pictures, and mission memorabilia - I am obsessed with pictures, history, and old memories - I was in heaven :)
  • Made it through all the family picture albums (i'm not lying - i'm obsessed) and some of the family videos. My favorite video clip is a tie between the Christmas eve kissing/gift exchange tradition and the family talent show (those Bennions can dance!)
  • Picnic at the park on a 70-degree day
  • Bonfire at the beach - hot dogs and s'mores included
  • Playing dominoes and hearts with the fam
  • Making my family's favorite Berry-Mallow Yam Bake for Thanksgiving dinner
  • The delicious dinner - thanks especially to Mother Bennion and Sarah!
  • Running with Christian on hilly horse trails
  • Celebrating our 6 mo. anniversary by going out to a steak dinner at locally famous Tarpy's
  • Falling in love with Christian all over again! :)
And I can't forget the perfect cap to the end of Thanksgiving break by getting to see and stay with my family here in Utah. Family makes the holidays what they are. I am so grateful for mine and for the opportunity to gain such a wonderful new one!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a nice time! I can't believe it but I can imagine you spending hours in front of all those video clips. i did that at Adam's house, too, but he hasn't gotten the reverse experience. You know more about the Bennion childhood than he does by now. Well I hope you got some good laughs, and I am glad you were all together for Thanksgiving. I was so happy to see you and Christian (and again, sorry for the overlapped visits!!!!). Thanks for doling out the palm tree swim gear. Kind of a white elephant where each gift was the same, huh?

    Anyway, I what I really mean is that I like this post, and I'll stop writing this essay now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete